GAO protests: new filing fee of $350

Guest PepeTheFrog

Icy asked :
"But, you bring a good point: what's stopping Latvian Connections from continuing the administrative sabotage via proxy or other entity?  Listing the firm and the persons involved in EPLS, then requiring protestors to verify a positive SAM.gov registration?  We'll cross that bridge if/when we get there, I suppose."

Icy, I think that's why they specifically banned the principal. 

Guest PepeTheFrog

16 hours ago, Icy said:

But, you bring a good point: what's stopping Latvian Connections from continuing the administrative sabotage via proxy or other entity?

13 hours ago, joel hoffman said:

Icy, that's why they specifically banned the principal. 

PepeTheFrog is hopping, almost vibrating with curiosity: Isn't there a way for this crusade to continue? The principal and Latvian Connection LLC are both banned for one year. What's to stop Estonian Pathways LLC, owned by principal Pepe Le Grenouille, from picking up the sword? Who knows what other nefarious confederates lie waiting in the wings, and what can GAO do until Estonian Pathways LLC reaches a similar track record? What if Lithuanian Networks LLC, Baltic Nexus LLC, and Belorussian Intermediary LLC join the crusade? What then?

Unfortunately, the Board might have sparked a war of challenges

1 hour ago, PepeTheFrog said:

PepeTheFrog is hopping, almost vibrating with curiosity: Isn't there a way for this crusade to continue? The principal and Latvian Connection LLC are both banned for one year. What's to stop Estonian Pathways LLC, owned by principal Pepe Le Grenouille, from picking up the sword? Who knows what other nefarious confederates lie waiting in the wings, and what can GAO do until Estonian Pathways LLC reaches a similar track record? What if Lithuanian Networks LLC, Baltic Nexus LLC, and Belorussian Intermediary LLC join the crusade? What then?

With all the interest this suspension could generate, other disgruntled aspirants might decide to join in similar behavior. 

Guest Jason Lent
23 hours ago, bob7947 said:

Jason:

Was something missing from this topic that once was here?  Not that I can recover it but I'd like to know if there is something wrong with this software.

Sometimes if you view a thread and you view the "new posts", it will give you the newest posts at the bottom of the page, but it only gave me the first page's worth of new posts and didn't include the second page's new post.

Pepe --

What Latvian Connection did wasn't simply a matter of being a disgruntled non-awardee but something of a vendetta against DoD Contracting as a whole (as described by the GAO).

On one hand, it could very well be a matter of "Latvian Connection is indeed a special kind of case".

On the other hand, it could very well come down with a similar sanction for another company that goes on a protesting spree where their status as an interested party is null and they seem to have a business model centered on making broad and unsubstantiated claims of impropriety on behalf of themselves and other companies, and continuing to make the same legalese-babble arguments repeatedly to no avail, all while speaking publically about "corruption" of the very office to which they submit more than a literal gross of protests to in a single fiscal year.

On August 23, 2016 at 10:33 AM, bob7947 said:

Jason:

Was something missing from this topic that once was here?  Not that I can recover it but I'd like to know if there is something wrong with this software.

Bob, if two or more members are posting at the same time, after I post my answer, I don't always see other responses posted while I was composing my post  unless I refresh the page. Otherwise, it looks like my response was next in the string. Perhaps that is what Jason was referring to(?)