Order of Precedence - Subcontract

A CPFF subcontract (not construction) is being closed out (we are the sub) and we need to understand what the order of preference is : PO or subcontract document, with regard to period of performance.  There is nothing in the subcontract to state order of precedence.  The PO indicates the extended period of performance, and it added value to the subcontract.  The subcontract was not modified when the PO was modified.

Thanks.

The Government's decision to modify its prime contract is a matter between the Government and the prime contractor.  Whether or not the prime contractor decides to modify a subcontract is a matter between the prime contractor and the subcontractor.  The first does not necessarily force the second.  I am unable to see any order of precedence matter here.

I agree with ji's statement as a general proposition.  However, I am somewhat confused by this statement " The PO indicates the extended period of performance, and it added value to the subcontract.  The subcontract was not modified when the PO was modified".  How did the PO add value to the subcontract without modifying it?

govtacct02

Did the subcontract state their would be releases' or PO's against the agreement?  I would think if the PO added additional funding to the overall subcontract value, and the money and period of performance was executed at the PO level, the latest document governs both the value and period of performance, but I can't say for certain without seeing the contract.