Best Value Simplified Acquisition

Can someone speak to the requirements for what information is required in the solicitation regarding a best value tradeoff for a simplified acquisition under $150k? I don't see much in FAR part 13 that talks of importance of evaluation factors. I know we would need to list in the evaluation criteria what factors we will be looking at but do I have to put the standard language of whats more important when combined over price like you might see in a part 15 procurement? I'm trying to determine what we would need to put in the solicitation that suffices for when evaluation of quotes might lead to selecting a vendor with a better technical evaluation but has a higher price than other vendors that quoted.

Get out of FAR Part 15.

Instead, look at FAR 13.106-2( a )( 2 ), ( b )( 1 ), and ( b )( 3 ).

You may make it as simple or as difficult as you want to. If you list factors, you only need to list them -- you do not need to write about relative order of importance -- you may if you want to, but you don't need to.

Monsieur Edwards has addressed this issue in a WIFCON blog post here:

http://www.wifcon.com/anal/analcomproc.htm.

He offers much sound advice. Here is one extract:

Do not follow the FAR Part 15 Process Model when making simplified acquisitions. When using simplified acquisition procedures to buy complex supplies or services worth in excess of $25,000 and for which a synopsis must be published, and if planning to ask for more information than just a price quote, either: (a) select one firm for one-on-one negotiations based on experience, past performance and a price quote and then negotiate to agreement on details, or (b ) narrow the competitive field of competitors on the basis of experience, past performance and a price quote before asking for more detailed proposal information, providing a specification or statement of work and clauses for price quote development by fax or email. Do not use FAR Part 15 terminology or refer to FAR Part 15 in the RFQ. Do not establish a competitive range, negotiate with more than one firm at a time, or solicit revised quotes or offers from more than one competitor.

Unquote