Subcontractor Request for Proposal template

I have worked with lots of formats, but PIA's preclude me from sharing. You can find the Uniform Contract format here...this is likely overkill but may serve to get you moving if you're truly starting from scratch. What is useful in the UC format is that it consists of a simple document that outlines requirements that is then supported with additional attached documents as required.

If it's a particularly large procurement, including a proposal adequacy checklist (such as the DFARS version found here) can cut down on the time it takes to analyze the resulting proposal(s).

Guest Vern Edwards

Not clear on what you want. Please explain what you mean by "template." An outline/format? A model text that can be adapted to your use?

Do you want it for a subcontract to a government prime contract or for a purely commercial subcontract?

As a small business prime, we tend to just tell them it's for a proposal or give them the FARs in our contract and ask them to quote with an email which includes our SOW. Once they send the quotes then I do a PA and we go through the contract FAR clauses to see which belong in there and if they have to provide any other information (like certified pricing).

"Solid" really depends on the price and type. Non commercial over 700k is where you start asking for things in the DFAR adequacy checklist. I just did a proposal for eng svcs for Boeing which basically had their own version of that checklist. If you're looking for somewhere to help guide you then you go to a proposal in which your company was a sub or you build it off the adequacy checklist. (Companies mark them proprietary so I doubt you'll get a link with one)

Folks- Can anyone point me to a source to obtain a solid subcontractor RFP template for engineering services and production?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you!

Can you explain what general type of engineering services and production are involved ? Manufacturing, A-E, Government or commercial etc.? Thanks.