Contract Clauses on GSA PSS (formerly PES) schedule

LucyQ

Where do you find these clauses? Our CO can't find them and he asked us but we don't have them. Each order under an award has a few more clauses but I believe the full clauses are somewhere where you sign up (I don't have access to this). Is there somewhere where they're available for everyone?

Hi Lucy, did you try GSA eLibrary and seeing if the contract is listed there?

http://www.gsaelibrary.gsa.gov/ElibMain/home.do

Update: Here is a copy of the PSS Solicitation and refer to document 19: https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=29887a813e66c145220492b0f50bf123&tab=core&_cview=1

My boss is the one that deals with GSA and she's not back from vacation yet. Thank you!!!!

Now I gotta learn how GSA works so it doesn't happen again.

Guest Vern Edwards
Now I gotta learn how GSA works so it doesn't happen again.

Good luck with that. The origins of some clauses in GSA FSS contracts are a mystery. I once asked some GSA FSS contracting officers where the clauses came from, and they told me that nobody knew. They said that they were told to cut and paste from solicitations. (I don't know if that's still true or if it was ever really true.) I find it weird that you have to look at a current solicitation to find the clauses in a contract that predates it.

• 2 weeks later...

Vern - It is odd, but the way GSA operates the FSS program is that every time an update to an FSS Schedule solicitation is done (called a "refresh"), electronic modifications go out to all the FSS contract holders that carry that particular Schedule. So, the easiest way to see a current contract is to look at the current solicitation. Back about 3-4 years ago, GSA initiated the "Goldstar" initiative which allows everyone to see what clauses are in a particular schedule/contract by utilizing GSA Elibrary as Metteec mentioned.

Since some of these contracts go back more than a decade (5 year base period plus 3-5yr options), it is actually easier to use Elibrary than it is to get a copy of the contract plus countless modifications.