What does FAR 16.505(a)(7)(iii) mean?

My boss insists that FAR 16.505(a)(7)(iii) means that you are allowed to publish the IGCE in a Task Order Solicitation. I wholeheartedly disagree with him. I believe the items listed under FAR 16.505(a)(7) relate to when the actual order is to be placed and makes no mention of IGCE.

Please advise.

You're right -- that citation refers to orders. The requirements for solicitations are listed in FAR 16.505( b )( 1 )( iii )( B )( 1 ) and ( iv )( A ), where the solicitations are called notices.

However, nothing in FAR 16.505 prohibits you from releasing the IGCE with the solicitation. Sometimes, it might make good business sense to release the bottom-line IGCE with a solicitation.

My boss insists that FAR 16.505(a)(7)(iii) means that you are allowed to publish the IGCE in a Task Order Solicitation. I wholeheartedly disagree with him. I believe the items listed under FAR 16.505(a)(7) relate to when the actual order is to be placed and makes no mention of IGCE.

Please advise.

foxy, if the task order is for construction, 36.203 ( c ) would override 16.505. If the task is for design-build, the government could and often should identify the budget limit (36.302) . If there is a statutory limit, the government must disclose it per 36.205.

Edit: For construction tasks, it doesn't matter whether or not FAR 16.505(a)(7)(iii) refers to IGCE's or solicitations (even though I agree that it doesn't ). FAR 36.2 does apply.

All these posts, just to sort out someone who cannot read plain English, but was made the boss of other people.

Amazing.

Yep, and I admit that I didn't even read the context of the referenced FAR paragraph in the question before answering. Sheesh.