Government Purchase Card Above Micro Limit

I've read in FAR part 13 where it is encourage to use the purchase card above the micro limit when available. Anyone have experience with using purchase card over the micro limit? Does this only apply to simplified acquisitions? If the contractor and gov agree to purchase card terms for the contract, could the card be used in any type of ordering agreement (BPA and IDIQ)? I am trying to figure out if I can term an IDIQ to where delivery orders don't have to come through my office with a PR if another center wants to use our IDIQ.

Lots of agency specific rules on purchase cards. At Department of State you must have 40 additional hours of training in order to have a purchase card from $3,500 to $25,000 per purchase. Only a few COs have cards above $25K. All card purchases must have a PR generated in our purchase request system just as if they were going to procurment. Over $3,500 must have a contract or purchase order awarded under normal FAR procedures so that in reality the card becomes a payment method. We have payment cards issued for higher thresholds that are only used for reoccuring charges like cell phone usage, or utility bills. They pay specific bills but cannot be used for purchases.

So make sure of the rules at your agency.

I've read in FAR part 13 where it is encourage to use the purchase card above the micro limit when available. Anyone have experience with using purchase card over the micro limit? Does this only apply to simplified acquisitions? If the contractor and gov agree to purchase card terms for the contract, could the card be used in any type of ordering agreement (BPA and IDIQ)? I am trying to figure out if I can term an IDIQ to where delivery orders don't have to come through my office with a PR if another center wants to use our IDIQ.

My agency required certain contractors to accept payment via the Government purchase card. After I retired and prior to later coming back as a rehired annuitant, I was hired to teach a session or two of the agency sponsored class that I co-developed and taught for over 20 years. My salary and travel expenses exceeded the micro limit each time. That experience taught me not to accept credit cards as a small business...

It also depends on if the card is being used as the payment method, or both the purchase and payment method. When I was with DoD, we used the card as a payment method for several contracts, some of which had monthly payments of several hundred thousand dollars per month.

DFARS 213.301(2) states that individuals with proper appointment may use purchase card to make a purchase exceeding the micro-purchase threshold up to $25K under certain conditions. My agency also allows appointed purchase cardholders (and use the card as a method of payment) to place FFP orders against FSS and IDTCs up to the SAT or the maximum ordering threshold (whichever is lower).

Yes, though that was about nine years ago, I believe that my teaching assignments were done by credit card transaction.