Auditor's Format

Just curious - what do other contractors do when you are supporting an audit of a TINA-covered proposal and the auditor says you have to transmit actuals to them in their format, vs. the contractor's format, where there were no specific instructions in the solicitation to submit in a Government or Prime contractor specific format?

They're always going to request data in their format. However, if there's nothing in your contract that states this as a requirement, you should be fine in your own format. Do your best to provide the data elements that they've requested. I would recommend that you submit it in a format that can be modified and worked with (xls rather than pdf if that makes sense for you). Frustrating an auditor doesn't typically work out in the end for contractors.

Best of luck!

Yes, and I also looked at the DFARs PGI 215.404-1 Proposal analysis techniques, (c )(iii). This is a cost monitor requesting we reformat the actuals into a specific cost monitor workpaper format during a proposal audit, and there are no specific instructions in the solicitation as to how to format to respond to audit questions. My thoughts are that nowadays it is not such a good idea to push back.

Agree with Leo. Is this really an audit or a proposal analysis? I am not aware that an auditor has regulatory authority to request data in a specified format; this is a power of the contracting officer. Perhaps a PCO dictated this format. Typically an audit would involve physical review of your books and records, and any data submissions are in the contractors format; at least in my experience.

In my experience, govtacct02 knows the difference between a DCAA audit of a cost proposal and a DCMA analysis of a proposal. May I suggest we assume it's the former and not the latter in formulating responses to the question?

Hope this helps

Why don't we ask - Is this a DCAA audit of a cost proposal or a DCMA analysis of a proposal? Because govtacct02 stated that this was an audit of a TINA-covered proposal the question could be seen more than one way.