DCMA review of companny proposal

Folks-

DCMA rep has requested a review of a recently submitted Government proposal.

He wishes to review a more detailed list of labor hours broken down by LC and a more clear basis of estimate.

What is our company required to provide per the FAR/DFAR to DCMA?

Any information is appreciated!

Many thanks!

Did the DCMA official provide a citation to support his or her request?

Is the request made under FAR 52.215-2? 52.215-20? Does FAR Part 15 apply?

Your question would be easier to address if you explained the nature of the proposal -- a proposal for a new contract, or a proposal for a modification? T&M? Cost-reimbursement? A proposal in response to a change order?

JPH,

Seems to me the key question is, What information does your company have available? Does your company have a clear BOE and labor hour estimates broken-out by Labor Category? Because if not, I don't see how the government can compel you to create such information.

But if you don't have them, it seems to me that it's hard to support the validity of your cost estimate.

Hope this helps.

I think your question has been answered but wanted to give you a piece of advice on how you respond since you mentioned "Learning Curve" in your original post. If you did not use a learning curve but it is something the DCMA requested, make sure that you respond with a case that implicitly refutes (no need to spell it out) the applicability of a learning curve, especially if the number of units being purchased now is >=10% of the total units produced to date (rough rule of thumb I use).

Good luck!

Patrick