GSA Buy Training

• 3 weeks later...

The best 1102-to-1102 training I've had on using the Schedules (they emphasize services, which are more complex than supplies) has been from the designated GSA Contracting Officers in Auburn WA who specialize in ordering issues. They do free online webinars, podcasts, and blogs on Schedules ordering. They are responsive by phone or e-mail.

If you send me an e-mail (navycontracting@yahoo.com), I will send you the name and phone number of the GSA CO from Auburn who gave some excellent Schedules training to my contracting activity. He might have some training suggestions.

I suggest you ONLY get the GSA's 1102s in Auburn (a couple ex-DoD COs) and NOT the local GSA "Customer Service Directors" some GSA folks will try to push on you. All you will get from those non-1102s is a sales pitch and what buttons to push on a website. Some of them will try to talk like a Contracting Officer, but the first time you ask them about a contract clause, you will find out they sent you the wrong person. Those CSDs are good for buying supplies on GSA Advantage, or using ELibrary, or posting something on GSA eBuy, but they are not Contracting Officers.