Anyone Have any Good QASP Samples for T&M Contracts?

cs123

I recently perused the U.S. Commerce OIG report entitled "The Department’s Awarding and Administering of Time-and Materials and Labor-Hours Contracts Needs Improvement". See link below, if interested.

One of the findings was that the Program Office failed to provide proper oversight of work completed under T&M tasks. Are there any sample QASPs out there for T&M work that anyone here would recommend?

http://www.oig.doc.gov/OIGPublications/OIG-14-001-A.pdf

Thank you in advance!

Guest Vern Edwards

Oversight of work performed under T&M contracts is one thing. Quality assurance is another. Oversight is to ensure efficient performance -- that the contractor is not wasting time and thereby running up the bill. If the problem was insufficient oversight of performance, then a QASP is not what you need.

Thanks Vern.

So, to revise my question, what are some good oversight measures that Program Managers can implement to ensure adequate oversight on complex T&M efforts? Where should these measures be described in a contract file? Should oversight measures be described in a solicitation?

After Googling oversight controls for T&M contracts, I see proper oversight can include monthly meetings, travel approval procedures, deliverable review procedures, process to travel and inspect when minimum standards aren't met, etc. I guess it can be as simple as that. If anyone has anything to add, especially if they have really good procedures that worked well for them or that were innovative, feel free to respond.

Thanks Vern.

So, to revise my question, what are some good oversight measures that Program Managers can implement to ensure adequate oversight on complex T&M efforts? Where should these measures be described in a contract file? Should oversight measures be described in a solicitation?

I would suggest you review the "DOD COR Handbook March 22, 2012" that might give you a good starting point: