Where to get that pesky degree?

illzoni

I'm a retired USAF/ANG SMSgt working for a non-DoD federal agency. I don't have a degree. The degree limits me to my present grade (GS12) and was the only thing holding me back from getting my Level 3. I say 'was' because I believe the requirements have recently changed and I'd have to redo a lot.

Anyway, back to the degree...

I'd like to finish it. I have about 180 credit hours stacked up from nearly a dozen sources. Several years ago Charter Oak and Excelsior (formerly Regents) were known as good places to take a few courses, provide transcipts, and finish out a degree with minimal fuss. What are the best (course of least resistance) schools for folks like me?

I'm more inclined to spend more money and mess with fewer classes.

Anyone else in this boat?

Thanks,

Jon

Don't know much about the best college for accepting misc. class credits but the new FAC-C refresh as it is called does not affect you much if you have a FAITAS level II certification already approved. No special pre-requisites for starting level III like they have for starting level II. Not unless the agency added some. Most changes are in level I and level II.

I graduated University of Maryland, University College (UMUC) after going to night school for 13 years. They accepted almost everything I had but my credits were from just 2 schools and UMUC. Depending on your degree, make sure you have 24 hours of business credit. That has tripped some of our new hires.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind also, that no matter how many credits you have toward a degree that you may select at a school, the school may require you to matriculate at least one full year of school in order to qualify for a degree from that institution. This is to prevent someone racking up degree upon degree by merely taking a few courses at School A, earn a degree, move on to School B, take a few courses, earn a degree, etc., etc.