Government contracts "Primer."

jeff4757

I know many of you folks are highly skilled Government Contracts Professionals.

If you were directed to give an in-house "primer" (presentation, seminar, etc) to Project Managers fairly new to contracts and Federal contracting,what bullet points would you stress in this "presentation."

The overall goal is to familiarize the PM's to the process and what to look for in Government contracts.

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Fed Pubs has a two-day session that hits many compliance topics, including contract type differences, TINA, unallowable costs, CAS, accounting system requirements, etc. It's not necessarily geared toward "contracting" per se; it's more accounting/compliance focused. But I've always found it a great introduction to government contracting for those not used to the differences between the public and private sector marketplaces.

You could cut-out CAS and much of the cost principle stuff and pare it down to one day.

H2H

• 2 weeks later...

I did a 14 slides "Contracting for Executives" presentation recently. Takes about 30 minutes to go through; I'd be happy to share with you if you want it. It is tailored to a specific problem we were having with our executives (creating personal services relationships) so it spends a bunch of slides on that issue. Just PM me if you want it.

• 1 month later...

Also, for higher-level presentations, I used the training course, "Contracting For The Rest Of Us" as a guide to develop a slideshow years ago. I don't have it any longer, but that course might be a good place to get some general ideas of what can be included in a presentation.