Inclusion of Limitation of Cost and Funds clauses?

jljordan

FYI, this extract comes from the GSA solicitation for SIN 874 of the MOBIS program:

(B) Travel: The Contractor may be required to travel in performance of orders issued under this

contract. Allowable travel and per diem charges are governed by Pub .L. 99-234 and FAR Part 31, and

are reimbursable by the ordering agency or can be priced as a fixed price item on orders placed under

the Multiple Award Schedule. Travel in performance of a task order will only be reimbursable to the

extent authorized by the ordering agency. The Industrial Funding Fee does NOT apply to travel and per

diem charges.

Unquote

I believe this reflects a commerical approach to dealing with travel.

See the Nike slogan.
I believe this reflects a commerical approach to dealing with travel.

Actually I would have just done it as a firm fixed price contract for a commercial item without further thought. As part of the agreement, I would say the vendor gets their travel costs reimbursed. That's the commercial practice. I wouldn't consider that anymore of a cost type contract than transportation charges.

Guest Vern Edwards
Actually I would have just done it as a firm fixed price contract for a commercial item without further thought. As part of the agreement, I would say the vendor gets their travel costs reimbursed. That's the commercial practice. I wouldn't consider that anymore of a cost type contract than transportation charges.

Another venerable old-timer. Our days are numbered.