Changes due to acts of a sovereign

anoncon

FFP Contract for construction in Country A required products be transported through Country B.

Country B refuses shipments to Country A for an extended period of time. Firm incurs storage and additional trasportation cost.

Is firm entitled to an equitable adjustment for additional cost.

Short question - short answer. Firm should hire good lawyer, who can read contract, learn facts, then give heap good advice. Ugh.

Nobody here can or should try to answer the question. There are too many facts to consider that the OP failed to provide. One needs to have the contract available to read. We would need the know all the reasons and background for country B "refusal" to ship the goods to country A for " an extended time", whatever that means, when in the contract period that the contractor attempted to ship, etc. the scenario and question are too ill defined to properly answer. The level of effort put into the question doesn't warrant an answer here - in my opinion ... An answer would be as speculative as the question, as asked, thus would provide little value.

anoncom, my apologies to you if I appear to be harsh, rude or intimidating. Your question as asked, was too vague to intelligently respond to. The harshness stems from frustration when people ask nebulous or vague questions, expect other members of this forum to invest time to properly respond, then seemingly disappear or wait days or weeks to respond.

• 2 months later...

We dealt with this out here in Afghanistan when the AF-Pak border was closed for a long time a couple years back. Speaking from experience having dealt with this type of issue, I can tell you that Joel's comment is spot on. There is COFC/ASBCA case law dealing with this general issue. It is extremely dependent on the facts/circumstances. This forum is not the place to get a useful answer.

Civ_ , thank you for your service and may God Bless you and keep you safe.