Bank "In-Trust" Statement Required for SOFA

SubK

We have a contract in the UK and we received an email that states:

The Special US Liaison Office, London has requested supporting documentation to enable/continue SOFA eligibility for your employees.

BANK STATEMENT: A key provision in the MOU is that each contractor employee must be paid "directly by the US Government". NSA has implemented that provision by requiring that the deposit will be in trust and in turn paid by the US Government, thus the account being titled "In Trust for the US Government".

There is one clause in the contract that states:

18. United Kingdom (UK) Civilian Component Stamp. The contractor shall be responsible for
ensuring their company is registered with the Office of the Special United States Liaison Officer,
American Embassy London, UK to establish eligibility for Status of Forces Agreement Civilian
Component passport stampings, under the terms of the Special Memorandum of Understanding, dated 7 July 1987. lf Civilian Component status is not achieved, the contractor could be held responsible for payment of British income tax, British council tax, and import tax on privately owned vehicles. Other taxes could also pertain.

I do not have the memorandum of understanding and have not been able to find it in any searches.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I am guessing we have to set up some kind of bank account in trust for the Government that they will deposit the money into and we will in turn pay the contract employees from that bank account, and then submit a bank statement from that account that states it is in trust for the government to the Customer.

Any other suggestions, or incite?

Zero experience.....but two thoughts.

In your attempts to get answers have you.....

1. Included in your search checking out the sender of the email? In other words search on the email address itself?

2. Contacted the indicated office stated in the email?

Thanks for your response. I have not contacted the office stated in the email yet as they are in London, but I checked their website. Also, the email came from the CO, who is now on leave. I will contact her when she gets back, I was just hoping that I could figure it out by then.