Operating Contractor at Government Facility

I am always trying to make sense of things that I come across within federal procurement, but am having trouble with the latest.

I came across an FBO announcement which is posted by an LLC who is the operating contractor at a U.S. Navy facility. The "contracting officer" is a person who works for this LLC.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=56e061c25b44a5084903b86808da28de&tab=core&_cview=0

Is this an example of a Government-Owned, Contractor-Operated facility? I'm certain that it's legitimate, and maybe the term "contracting officer" refers to more of the role within the company versus a FAR defined contracting officer. Does anyone have any insight as to how such an arrangement is legitimized though? I am asking because I need to understand it so that I can understand the realm of the possible a little bit more.

Cheers,

DAMB

Guest Vern Edwards

Look it up online. That's what I did.

It's a GOCO. We live in the world of the internet. Five minutes online and you'll find all the info on GOCOs you could want.

Guest Vern Edwards

Discussion is communicating in order to exchange ideas or reach a decision. Discussion includes argument (in the formal sense) and persuasion. Asking for information may include discussion, but it's not discussion in and of itself.

Guest Vern Edwards

I don't need to look it up. I looked it up long, long ago, in the Oxford English Dictionary.

You weren't looking for a discussion. You were in no position to discuss GOCOs, because you don't know much about them and couldn't hold up your end. You were looking for information you don't have, and you wanted someone to give it to you.

Is this an example of a Government-Owned, Contractor-Operated facility?... Does anyone have any insight as to how such an arrangement is legitimized though? I am asking because I need to understand it so that I can understand the realm of the possible a little bit more.

You could have gotten that information on your own and gotten a lot more of it a lot faster than waiting for answers from people here.

Look, I'm not fighting with you. I'm just pointing out that this isn't always the best source of info. If I wanted to know something about GOCOs, I would not wait for someone here to tell me god knows what. I'd do my own research. But that's just me. I'm probably not someone you want to emulate in that way.

• 3 months later...