Jump to content
The Wifcon Forums and Blogs

Recommended Posts

Vern and the rest of the gang,

This is my first post/question but I do read these boards regularly and they are quite helpful and informative. Thank you.

Here is my question.

I am preparing a solicitation and the majority of this contract (about 95% of it) will be CPAF. This contract is set up with several SLIN's within the overall CPAF CLIN structure (i.e. CLIN 2 is the base period with AA being Task 1/funding source 1, AB being Task 1/funding source 2, AC being Task 2/funding source 1, etc, etc. However, one or two of these are SLIN's (and again, they still fall within the general CLIN structure and only consist of at most 5% of the contract) will not have award fee metrics. Do I have to make these SLIN's cost plus fixed fee (CPFF) lines? What if we were to add a small task directive CLIN? Do I have to make that CPFF?

I don't see anything in the FAR that stops me from keeping the structure CPAF (for the entire contract) and I see nothing that stops me from putting $0 in award fee for the lines that do not have metrics and negotitate a base fee in those areas.

I just don't see the point in calling this a hyrid contract, withholding "fixed fee" on lines, etc, when 95% of the contract has metrics and the other 5% does not. Our group is back and forth on this whole thing. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Vern Edwards

A CLIN should be the sum of its SLINs. Looking at DFARS 204.7104-1( b ), which is about separately identified SLINs, I don't see any regulatory prohibition against differently priced SLINs. So I think that under one CLIN you can have a CPAF SLIN, a T&M SLIN, and a FFP SLIN, etc.

I don't know whether your automated contracting writing system will let you do that, but I don't see any regulatory prohibition.

Such a contract would be a combination of contract types, not a "hybrid."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Vern Edwards

Oops! Thanks, Don. Okay, make them separate line items instead of sublime items.

(Mea culpa, but why on earth didn't they put that down 204.7104-1, in the discussion of establishing sublime items?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...