FP workforce used on CR

As a contractor, i have a FPAF and CPAF contract with the Navy for BOS/ROS support (paid by Fleet - performanced based). Additionally, have IDIQ FPAF and CPAF for task orders driven by non-fleet customers for testing and training. These requirements are not part of the base contract.

The challenge is using my FP staff to support the task orders.

I want to use FP staffing to support the non-fleet task orders and the Navy is stating this is not allowed. The Navy should only care that I deliver the basic contracts requirements as we stated, with one individual or 200, its fixed priced. I am trying to tell them that we can and they said we can not. Looking for some reference reading material to get smarter or to share with the Navy.

Please help.

Do you have a single fleet contract, with both FPAF and CPAF elements? Or do you have two contracts, one FPAF and one CPAF?

Do you have a single non-fleet task order, with both FPAF and CPAF elements? Or do you have two or more task orders, some FPAF and some CPAF?

It is problematic to use employees bought and paid for, so to speak, by one contract to perform work on another contract. Or, in other words, it is problematic to charge costs properly chargeable to one contract to another contract. Is this the situation?

Here are the answers:

Yes, we have a single fleet contract with both contract types. The requirements are clear to support ROS as CR and BOS as FP. With the understanding that non-fleet support will be supported and funded via a separate CLIN (CR/FP) for IDIQ work.

As an example, we provide plumbing services as a fixed price service to the fleet. A non-fleet customer will provide a new separate requirement for plumbing. I have already used my primary plumber for 40 hrs, why can he not support after hours and charge to that non-fleet customer.