IGCE left in spreadsheet

Guest Vern Edwards

There is no law against disclosing a government estimate, as long as it is disclosed to everyone. There is no rule that requires that the CO cancel the solicitation. There is no need for recourse. The fact that prospective offerors know the estimate does not prevent them from competing against each other for the award.

Guest Vern Edwards

Yes, it might put some at a disadvantage.

I think that if I had inadvertently disclosed the government estimate for a short time, I would leave it out there for everyone to see. But keep in mind that I am saying that without knowing all of the facts. If I knew all the details I might say something different.

Please don't dribble out more details in order to elicit more of a response. What's done is done. It probably won't be a problem.

Yes, it might put some at a disadvantage.

I think that if I had inadvertently disclosed the government estimate for a short time, I would leave it out there for everyone to see. But keep in mind that I am saying that without knowing all of the facts. If I knew all the details I might say something different.

Please don't dribble out more details in order to elicit more of a response. What's done is done. It probably won't be a problem.

Understood. Thanks for your help and insights!!!