Evaluated Price During Source Selection

lacylu

During the course of source selection is it allowed to not evaluate a price for a item that has been determined above the requirements. It was discovered during the course of the technical evaluation that this particular item was not needed. The solicitation has an "evaluated" price and since this was not part of the SOW/requirements can I leave it out of the evaluation.

During the course of source selection is it allowed to not evaluate a price for a item that has been determined above the requirements. It was discovered during the course of the technical evaluation that this particular item was not needed. The solicitation has an "evaluated" price and since this was not part of the SOW/requirements can I leave it out of the evaluation.

In your solicitation, you should have a definition of "evaluated price" (e.g. sum of Section B line items' extended prices, plus line item extended prices of options for additional quantities).

What does your solicitation say?

Yes, that ifnfo was listed , however, The offeror priced additional equipment that is not needed and I would like to not inlcude that pricing.

The CLIN is FP and thought the pricing could not be adjusted.

Another note: we are exempt from the FAR .

Yes, that ifnfo was listed , however, The offeror priced additional equipment that is not needed and I would like to not inlcude that pricing.

The CLIN is FP and thought the pricing could not be adjusted.

Another note: we are exempt from the FAR .

lacylu, were you responding to ji, who referred to paragraph ( f )(5) of 52.215-1 or napolik, who asked what the solicitation says concerning what "evaluated price" means? It appears that you were responding to ji when you said "The CLIN is FP and thought the pricing could not be adjusted."

So, it appears that one firm has included a feature or some equipment in a fixed price item that you don't need. You haven't described what you mean by "evaluated price" but apparently you have "evaluated the prices" somehow and detected the extra feature that you don't want.

Is it possible in your non-FAR scenario to conduct some type of discussions with this firm or with this firm and others and let this firm know (negotiate) that you don't want the extra equipment and ask them to reduce their price?

Guest Vern Edwards

You're looking for a shortcut, and I think you are asking for trouble.

If the solicitation said or indicated that you were going to evaluate it, then either evaluate it or amend the solicitation to say that you won't and let offerors revise their proposals if they want to.