CMBOK (NCMA's Contract Management Body of Knowledge)

Guest Vern Edwards

Guest Vern Edwards

I'm wondering how many of you have read (or seen) NCMA's Contract Management Body of Knowledge (CMBOK), 4th ed., which was published in 2013.

Have read the 3rd Ed. 2011. Will likely order the 4th Ed. 2013, immediately in prep for long postponed CPCM exam.

Another addition to my readily available reference materials that started with my Velveteen Rabbit of reference books, Admin of Gvt Contracts, Cibinic/Nash.

BC

Guest jrt132

I was able to persuade my employer to start a contracting and procurement library, which includes CMBOK. I typically can secure funding for a few additions a year.

I have only had time to scan over some material so far.

I have recently requested through my employer as well, the last version I perused while studying for the CPCM was the 3rd edition. I belive the 4th edition was just released last summer as the NCMA has changed it's testing ciriculum and started using the 4th edition this January.

They just published 3rd Ed. of the CPCM Study Guide in January 2014 which "supposedly" provides a vital link wtih the CMBOK 4th Ed. I, unfortunately, have the CPCM Study Guide 2nd Edition. No vital link for me

Guest jrt132

We have a pretty small group in contracting and procurement, but they do not. They know we have a reference library, but I am the only one that uses it.

Guest jrt132

I agree, it is sad. I was hoping the texts would be utilized more. I think they are a great resource and utilize the texts often.

Thank you, Vern for publishing the reading list a while back. That is what I used to start building the reference library. I have "The Classics" covered and added things like the CMBOK, so I could study for the NCMA certifications. This next budget cycle I plan to work farther down your list.

• 6 months later...