Acquisition Plan FAR 7.105(a)(3) - Cost

Weno2

Have a T&M procurement for serivices (studies), that requires an acquisition plan. FAR 7.105(a)(3) Cost, reads

"Set forth the established cost goals for the acquisition and the rationale supporting them, and discuss related cost concepts to be employed, including, as appropriate, the following items:

(i) Life-cycle cost. Discuss how life-cycle cost will be considered. If it is not used, explain why. If appropriate, discuss the cost model used to develop life-cycle-cost estimates.

(ii) Design-to-cost. Describe the design-to-cost objective(s) and underlying assumptions, including the rationale for quantity, learning-curve, and economic adjustment factors. Describe how objectives are to be applied, tracked, and enforced. Indicate specific related solicitation and contractual requirements to be imposed.

(iii) Application of should-cost. Describe the application of should-cost analysis to the acquisition (see 15.407-4)."

The writer of the acquisition plan states the procurement isn't applicable under (i), (ii), and (iii) above.

The program office provided an Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE), breaking down cost based on staff time, indirect rates, ODCs, etc.

Is an IGCE a cost concept under Life-cycle cost? My opinion is an IGCE meets the definition of life-cycle cost.

Does anyone know where I can get a government definition of the Life-cycle and design-to-cost?