IDIQ Task/Delivery Order Awards

Hello, I am contractor that holds a single award IDIQ contract issued from my customer. My customer issues us RFPs, we respond to them with a proposal and then they issue an order to us. Everytime my customer issues an order however, the DD 1155 form is only signed by the contracting officer and my signature is never requiried. Why is this? Why is my signature not required? There is nothing in my specific contract that touches on signatures needed/not needed to execute the tas order. I've searched through other topics on this form and through the FAR and can't seem to find out why. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Typically, an order under an IDQ contract is issued unilaterally by the government's contracting officer.

Your IDQ contract should contain a Section B listing all the items of supply or service covered by the contract along with the unit prices for each item. When you submit a proposal to the contracting officer, you should be using the Section B lisitng to identify the items and prices you are proposing.under your contract. Since the contracting officer is placing an order for the items and prices listed in your contract, he or she does not need your signature.

Guest Vern Edwards

If you have an IDIQ contract, it should include the clauses at FAR 52.216-18, Ordering, and 52.216-22, Indefinite Quantity. See also FAR 16.505. If you read those passages it should be clear to you why orders bear only the CO's signature. Contractually speaking, given the circumstances -- RFP followed by proposal followed by order -- the CO probably should seek your signature acknowledging your assent to the terms of the orders. But, by tradition, contractors are not required to sign orders. In any case, the moment you begin to perform under an order you will be deemed to have assented to its terms by virtue of performance.