Novation Agreements and Change of Name Agreements

jsprandel

I know that when you do a novation agreement, the transferor remains responsible for the performance of the transferee under the contract, but I was wondering what happens to the name of the contractor (as listed in the contract under block 17a of the SF1449). Should the contract continue to be identified in block 17a as the transferor contractor or changed to the tranferee contractors name? Maybe there's a specific format to be used somewhat like "Company A DBA Company B"? If the name of the transferor continues to be used, would the electronic payment information remain that of the transferor or changed to the transferee?

I know that when you do a novation agreement, the transferor remains responsible for the performance of the transferee under the contract, but I was wondering what happens to the name of the contractor (as listed in the contract under block 17a of the SF1449). Should the contract continue to be identified in block 17a as the transferor contractor or changed to the tranferee contractors name? Maybe there's a specific format to be used somewhat like "Company A DBA Company B"? If the name of the transferor continues to be used, would the electronic payment information remain that of the transferor or changed to the transferee?

Have you reviewed FAR Subpart 42.12-- Novation and Change-of-Name Agreements and any agency supplements?

Yes, I did review 42.12, but it did not provide specific guidance concerning block 17a of the SF1449. I believe TAP is correct in his response. However, I thought there might be some suggested format for block 17a, something like "Company A, Transferree for Company B, Transferror"..... If not, I guess I should just attach the properly executed novation agreement and put the transferee's name in block 17a. If the transferee fails to perform under the contract, then I'd just refer to the novation agreement to apply remedies to the Transferor since they are still ultimately responsible for the performance of the contract.