DPAS rating of new contract impacts delivery schedule of existing contract

Guest Vern Edwards

If the contractor can prove that the DX rated contract will be the cause of an excusable delay of a DO rated contract, then the CO for the DO rated contract and the contractor should establish a new delivery schedule and modify the contract accordingly. The contractor must prove the nexus between the award of the DX rated contract and the delay and show that it cannot make other arrangements to meet the original delivery schedule.

See 15 CFR 700.14.

newbie-ish question:

I thought that a contractor didn't actually "accept" a DX contract, but that they had to perform, whether they wanted to or not.

I thought that Ktrs signed up for getting DX orders forced on them,

though I haven't a clue how one becomes a member of the exclusive "critical industrial base" club subject to that burden.

I've never been involved in something in DPAS.

not true ?

newbie-ish question:

I thought that a contractor didn't actually "accept" a DX contract, but that they had to perform, whether they wanted to or not.

I thought that Ktrs signed up for getting DX orders forced on them,

though I haven't a clue how one becomes a member of the exclusive "critical industrial base" club subject to that burden.

I've never been involved in something in DPAS.

not true ?

The contractor accepts the DX rated contract when they propose to the requirement. The DX rating is specified in Section L as a full text provision of the RFP.

It isn't "forced" on them generally speaking unless there is already an existing contract in place and the Secretary of Defense, Homeland Security, or Energy (Or Commerce...) determines that item to warrant a DX rating after contract award.

Here, google is your friend for all you want to know about DPAS ratings: http://www.bis.doc.gov/dpas/

If you want to join the "exclusive" club, make something that is for use in the DX programs listed through a link on the page above.