Performing multiple actions on a single modification

I created a bilateral modification to exercise an option and revise the performance period for option. I was told that I cannot perform these actions together because the "option to exercise" is a unilateral right and that I should not put this action with another. I should create two mods.

Am I crazy, or is it not allowable to perform both actions under a single bilateral action? Just because I have unilateral right to exercise option does not mean that I have to.

I feel like I am missing something here.

Guest Vern Edwards

Well... It would be "cleaner" to exercise the option in a unilateral mod, just to avoid any possible misunderstanding about the government's right to exercise options. However, you could write the modification in such a way as to make it clear that the exercise of the option is an exercise of the government's unilateral right. You could even exchange correspondence to do that. FAR does not prohibit such an action. So I would not say that you cannot include both actions in a single, bilateral mod. I understand the objection, but for the sake of economy and efficiency, the combined mod makes a lot of sense.