DOE requirements for procurement of LED tubular lights

I am a distributor for LED lights and in the process of developing a driver for LED linear lights with the US Military and government facilities as our primary market.

We woould like to build our driver based on these spec.

Can anyone point me to the rights direction?

Also, any discussion and feedback of what you think of LED light technology (SSL) would be appreciated.

I am new to the forum.

Peggy

Peggy, I didn't understand what you're asking. If you want more of a reply, explain why you mentioned DOE in the title but not the question, and explain what you mean by "driver."

If you are looking for an existing government spec, say so.

Peggy, I didn't understand what you're asking. If you want more of a reply, explain why you mentioned DOE in the title but not the question, and explain what you mean by "driver."

If you are looking for an existing government spec, say so.

Brian,

I apologize if my post is not in the correct format.

What I am asking is if anyone can help me find the DOE requirement for manufacture of LED tubular lights, the most current version.

Also, any information anyone have as to technical spec for these type of lights.

A driver for LED lights are the power supply or ballast.

Best,

Peggy

Peggy,

this comes out of FAR Provision 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors:

(i) Availability of requirements documents cited in the solicitation.

(1)(i) The GSA Index of Federal Specifications, Standards and Commercial Item Descriptions, FPMR Part 101-29, and copies of specifications, standards, and commercial item descriptions cited in this solicitation may be obtained for a fee by submitting a request to?

GSA Federal Supply Service Specifications Section

Suite 8100

470 East L?Enfant Plaza, SW

Washington, DC 20407

Telephone (202) 619-8925

Facsimile (202) 619-8978.

(ii) If the General Services Administration, Department of Agriculture, or Department of Veterans Affairs issued this solicitation, a single copy of specifications, standards, and commercial item descriptions cited in this solicitation may be obtained free of charge by submitting a request to the addressee in paragraph (i)(1)(i) of this provision. Additional copies will be issued for a fee.

(2) Most unclassified Defense specifications and standards may be downloaded from the following ASSIST websites:

(i) ASSIST (
).

(ii) Quick Search (
/quicksearch).

(iii) ASSISTdocs.com (
).

(3) Documents not available from ASSIST may be ordered from the Department of Defense Single Stock Point (DoDSSP) by?

(i) Using the ASSIST Shopping Wizard (
/wizard);

(ii) Phoning the DoDSSP Customer Service Desk (215) 697-2179, Mon-Fri, 0730 to 1600 EST; or

(iii) Ordering from DoDSSP, Building 4, Section D, 700 Robbins Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111-5094, Telephone (215) 697-2667/2179, Facsimile (215) 697-1462.

(4) Nongovernment (voluntary) standards must be obtained from the organization responsible for their preparation, publication, or maintenance.

Does that help at all ? I think G Joru was suggesting this same information may be available on-line. I've never looked for MIL-SPECS or Government Specs there, but its worth a look.

Another place to look might be an old solicitation for the product you offer. Search fbo.gov.

Peggy,

I'm still not clear on what you are looking for. Do you see the Federal government as a unique market for your product? Normally the government buys and uses items brought and sold in the commercial market. If the Government has some special need that can't be met by a commercial market, they develop a specification or some other statement of requirements industry proposes against.

However, I don't see the Government having a unique need for LED lights. Perhaps one part of the government might like a specialized application for the military. If so some part of DoD might develop a specification. The way to find out more is contact that part of the government where you think there's a match. Unless the need for that kind of LED lights is large, you may not find a government or evenb military specification.

I'm also wondering about your question on DOE. Energey won't be specifying governmnet requirements for LED lights. Perhaps they might put out standards for lights but it would be for the national consumers and not the government.