GSA Schedule CAGE Code Challenge

Background is our firm has a GSA Schedule 70 with authorized resellers allowing us to sell direct or through our channel partners.

In an a DoD acquisition, they issued an RFQ on GSA eBuy which our reseller partners responded to.

On the quotes to the government, the winning reseller proposed a CTA CLIN for Program Management hours at zero dollars (which the govt declined to put on the award)

In making the award, the KO listed our GSA Schedule Number in Block 2 as appropriate.

Block 7 was where the story gets interesting: My company was listed in Block 7 along with our CAGE CODE and in the Ts&Cs of the award it listed our reseller.

Since the money follows the cage code, our reseller asked the KO to amend the order to reference Block 7 to "OUR COMPANY C/O OUR RESELLER" and for the CAGE CODE to reflect the reseller cage code.

So far the KO has refused to consider and for my intellectual curiousity I am trying to determine if the KO is correct and I am missing something.

I have ran into this situation before when I worked for other agencies (VA and Army). The issue is that they have to put the CAGE code of the company that holds the GSA Schedule contract since it was a Schedule purchase (which I am assuming from your post). If your reseller has a Schedule contract then they can put that on there. If they don't and only your company does, then they have to put the information of your company since it is the one with the Schedule contract.

Otherwise, when they attempt to validate through FPDS-NG, it will reject because the company name, CAGE and Schedule contract number don't all agree. With some systems when they put in the Schedule contract number it automatically populates the CAGE and company information of the Schedule contractor (which can be a problem for resellers).

I hope this makes sense.

This has been an issue for years. Your company is the contract holder so we can only award to your company on your DUNS (or CAGE) number. Payment comes to you. We will list your reseller in the item header so you know who sold us. How you pay your reseller back is between the two of you. This would only seem to make sense since the reseller does not hold the contract. even if they have a FSS contract, they must have your product on it. GSA has disagreed with us before but then backed off when taking a closer look at the issue. They have never fixed the problem though.

If the reseller has your product on his schedule then of course we will award directly to him.

• 2 months later...

Sorry - a little late here but - Shouldn't the contract have the re-seller's cage code and GSA contract? And then reference the CTA and the other GSA schedule at the line item level? Unless its an agent program, then the payment should go to GSA contract holder that has it on its schedule, right?