List of New/Updated Clauses by Month/Year

The1102

I recommend that you check with your automated procurement system (e.g. SPS) administrator. He or she should have records of what clauses were added, deleted or changed in the system during a given period of time.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was imaging some publically available, periodically updated, on-line list -- such a list (if one exists) would be more efficient than several of us routinely chiecking with our SPS administrator. I'd be surprised if one wasn't out there (somewhere).

Thank you again for the suggestion, though; I will follow your advice if I strike out on the on-line list.

Guest Vern Edwards

I'm not clear on what kind of list you want. Do you want a list for, say, an FFP supply contract valued at $1,000,000? Or some other type and kind of contract?

I'm not clear on what kind of list you want. Do you want a list for, say, an FFP supply contract valued at $1,000,000? Or some other type and kind of contract?

I was imagining that it would cover all FAR and DFARS clauses, regardless of contract type or value. Picture an excel spreadsheet with three columns: date, clause, new or revised. Something to quickly answer the question, "What clauses have been added/changed since we awarded this contract?"

I was imagining that it would cover all FAR and DFARS clauses, regardless of contract type or value. Picture an excel spreadsheet with three columns: date, clause, new or revised. Something to quickly answer the question, "What clauses have been added/changed since we awarded this contract?"

I see that you wish to know what clauses have been added/changed since you awarded a contract.

Be aware that you do not automatically modify contracts to reflect new, deleted or changed clauses. See FAR 1.108 (d) (3):

1.108 – FAR Conventions.

(d) Application of FAR changes to solicitations and contracts. Unless otherwise specified –

(1) FAR changes apply to solicitations issued on or after the effective date of the change;

(2) Contracting officers may, at their discretion, include the FAR changes in solicitations issued before the effective date, provided award of the resulting contract(s) occurs on or after the effective date; and

(3) Contracting officers may, at their discretion, include the changes in any existing contract with appropriate consideration.

Thanks to all for the comments. I am aware that modifying a contract due to clause changes is not necessary. However, we often look at older contracts for similar services when drafting new contracts (vice reviewing the entire FAR and DFARS each time). It would be nice to use an old contract as a template (that I know is right), then look at a list to determine what has changed since.

But...it looks like no such list exists. Thanks for your help anyway.