Applicability of clauses in a solicitation against a GSA contract

I am currently in the process of creating a solicitation to utimately create a BPA for medical staffing services. I plan to procure these services off of GSA. There has been some debate as to whether to include clauses such as 52.212-4 and 52.212-5 in the solcitation. I have always been taught that if these clauses are in the GSA contract, then you would not duplicate them in a solcitation. Others in my office put these clauses in the solicitation even if the base GSA contract has them included. Trying to get an answer on the "correct" way to proceed.....if there one. Thank you!

You are correct. GSA has already awarded a contract with terms and conditions in it. You only add clauses to your solicitation/BPA if they are not in the contract, are needed to protect the Government and the GSA contracting officer does not have any objections to the clauses being added. This should be a rare occurance. Most of my GSA BPAs were just the three pages shown at the GSA website although one had several pages of administrative and logistical information but no real clauses. Don't make schedule buying any harder than you have to.