Sending Contractor Personnel to Pakistan - What Do I Need To Do?

Hello,

I work for a small defense contractor. We are sending an engineering technician to Pakistan for the first time in about a month to provide support on an engineering services contract. Can someone help me out with what I need to do contractually to make sure this guy is covered as well as the business.

For instance, looking to know if there are any special FAR provisions I should look at or clauses that need to be added to my contract to allow for travel to a potentially hostile location.

I've been to the US Dept of State but I am pretty sure I'm missing something...

Can anyone give some guidance?

Thanks,

Still Trucking

Still Trucking, is this under a Navy SEAPORT-e Task Order? I ask because I was at a Seaport meeting recently where the requirements of the PCO were discussed when a prime/sub is required to travel in theater. The PCO is required to register the travel in a system called SPOT before you can travel. Have you asked your PCO (prime if you are a subcontractor) for any information/guidance?

Still Trucking, is this under a Navy SEAPORT-e Task Order? I ask because I was at a Seaport meeting recently where the requirements of the PCO were discussed when a prime/sub is required to travel in theater. The PCO is required to register the travel in a system called SPOT before you can travel. Have you asked your PCO (prime if you are a subcontractor) for any information/guidance?

Yes, we are the prime on this SeaPort-e task order. I have not asked by PCO yet to do so but I will now. Thank you.

FWIW - According to my PCO, the SPOT registration is handled by the Task Order Contracting Officer. My TOCO is on it now. Good info. Thank you!

FWIW - According to my PCO, the SPOT registration is handled by the Task Order Contracting Officer. My TOCO is on it now. Good info. Thank you!

It isn't just the PCO that needs to register in SPOT, the contractor has to register their personnel in SPOT as well I believe. The PCO then approves those personnel, or disapproves, for the travel in theater.

Make sure you have the appropriate clauses incorporated into your contract before travel, and make sure they specify what your personnel can and cannot do/access when in theater. There are more specific clauses than FAR/DFAR, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. Haven't done it in two years. If I can remember I'll post the reference, but for now this will probably give you anything you need to know or point you in the right direction: http://www2.centcom.mil/sites/contracts/Pages/GCP.aspx

Contractors must enter personnel into SPOT. (http://www.resource.spot-es.net/FAQ.aspx) is the a FAQ for the SPOT website.

The Contract will have specific CENTCOM clauses in addition to the myriad of FAR clauses.

The KO will include the latest clauses as they change quite frequently (or used to )

LOA's (letters of authorization) will have to be issued to the contractor personnel. ( this process can take a few days to process as the contractor enters information, COR concurs, KO has to approve)

CENTCOM Contracting has a page for contractor personnel (http://www2.centcom.mil/sites/contracts/Pages/GCP.aspx) that dcarver provided.