Any good resources for learning the details of Contract Types like CPAF?

govt2310

I am searching for good learning resources for Contract Types, specifically Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF). I have seen non-DOD solicitations on FedBizOpps that state in Section B that the Offerors are to propose a base fee percentage and an award fee percentage for each and every CLIN, and there appear to be like 20 CLINs listed (Note, I know that DOD now prohibits base fee). I thought that in CPAF contracts the award fee meant a single award fee, but now I am wondering does it mean there are like 20 award fees that need to be calculated? I would really like to find something that is a mathematical example of how the CPAF formula actually works in practice, and the Army JAG School resource online does not give a very detailed example that answers this question or the other questions I have.

Can anyone recommend a resource to me, like a training video, a powerpoint slide available to the public, a document with CPAF math formula examples?

No samples...

But I will say that a CPAF contract can be as simple or as complicated as the parties want and the circumstances allow it to be. One could have a CPAF contract with 20 CLINs (contract line item numbers) and a single award fee pool.