Hello,

It appears that DCMA has taken down the link which leads to the DCMA guidebook on Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSR). http://guidebook.dcma.mil/26/guidebook_process.htm

Does anyone have a soft copy that they can send me or know of a different location to download the guidebook?

I am helping my company prepare for an upcoming CPSR and believe that this guidbook would be tremendously useful. I have seen a number of CPSR briefings which claim that Appendix B of the guidebook has 55 key topic areas which DCMA auditors expect to be covered as part of a contractor's policies and procedures. It is my understanding that DCMA auditors will review a contractor's policies and procedures to gauge whether the 55 areas have been adequately covered.

If anyone has taken any classes related to CPSR preparation and has recommendations, I would certainly be interested in hearing your story.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Jimmie

Jimmie,

I caution you not to rely overmuch on the DCMA Guide. The Purchasing System Adequacy criteria were somewhat revised over the past year, and now DCMA has a different approach to conducting its review and reporting its findings. Your best bet is to get the services of a CPSR consultant who is familiar with the current protocols. I like the cut of Mark Hijar's jib, if you want a recommendation.

Hope this helps.

Jimmie - You may want to take a look at FAR Part 44.3 and DFAR Part 244.3, inclusive of DFAR Clause 252.244.7001, as well. Each lays out some pretty concise criteria for a adequate purchasing system. I am sure DCMA puts their own spin on this criteria for their protocol but having reviewed all it is my view that DCMA's guide up to this point has been built off of the FAR/DFAR. It is interesting to me that most folks in a discussion of a CPSR always defer to the guide with out reference to the guiding principles of the FAR/DFAR as well.

Note here that I use FAR/DFAR as my primary reference because in my research of FAR supplements the DFAR has the most comprehensive supplement. A few other agencies do, if they have any supplement coverage at all, but the DFAR is the most detailed with regards to needs for DoD.

All,

Thanks for your helpful comments! I learned that there are actually 24 process areas and 58 policy/procedure areas that DCMA will expect to see while reviewing our company. The 24 processes come from DFARS 252.244-7001(a) and the 58 policy/procedure areas come from the Guidebook Appendix B (which I still haven't been able to access for some odd reason). I received the list of 58 indirectly from DCMA (one of the enclosures they include in their pre-CPSR package). I am quickly becoming fully immersed in the world of CPSRs thanks to the help of online forums and internet resources like this one!

Happy Holidays

Jimmie