Government Purchase Card issues (Army lvl 4 APC)

I'm with the Level 4 APC for the Government Purchase Card Program at our DOC. Recently a Government Civilian Card Holder reported to me that she

bought a calculator at Staples. The trouble is that she also filled out paperwork for a $10 rebate through Staples for the item. I have heard rumors that it is possible to turn "Merchant Rebate Checks" over to the budget office and they work it out with the Treasury for deposit and credit to the original LOA. However in this case the rebate came in the form of a "Gift Card" to Staples, not a check. We don't know what to do. We believe the Card Holder had honest intentions to save the Government $10 on the purchase and they turned-in the gift card to the APC here at the DOC until we can figure out how to handle the

situation. We were hoping you would have some advise or directions for us. I have tried to search the FAR, the OMB website, the ACC website, and GSA

and Google in general with no luck.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

(P.S. we did have a long conversation about the Manditory Sources of Supply and gave her directions for next time regarding that issue.)