HHE shipment- Timing of Pack out?

rose2010

Is there time limitation for HHE shipment to be shipped out of the country after demobilization? How long after demobilization can one ship out his/her belongings? I was not able to find the applicable FAM or ADS for the timing for which a pack-out needs to occur,

I am aware of 14 FAM 626 Temporary storage and 14 FAM 626.1 Periods of Temporary Storage which quote 90 day period on storage. Should I just follow the same 90 day period as stated in 14 FAM for storage?

Rose2010,

Please clarify your issue. But in basic terms, if you are a DoS Government Employee use the FAM/FAH. If you are a contractor use the terms and conditions in your contract which may mirror the FAM/FAH or may not. If you are a contractor's employee then follow company policy/guidance.

As a DoS CO, I don't consider the demobilization complete until the employee has been relocated and their property shipped. The task order usually ends at final demobilization and the company can no longer invoice cost incurred after the task order period of performance ends. Thus they may make thier employees ship, and incur the cost, prior to final demobilization.