Class Deviation - Limitations on Amounts available for Contracted Services

USA003691-12-DPAP

Does anyone have any idea how this Class Deviation will be implemented with any level of consistancy across the DoD? What are your thoughts on capping rates for new (FY12 & FY13) contracted services at FY10 levels? You can google the DPAP memo # above or click this link:

www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/policy/policyvault/USA003691-12-DPAP.pdf

Yeah, there's a rather long and contentious discussion thread on this topic under the Contract Pricing & Costs section. You might want to read that.

H2H

Guest Vern Edwards

Question: When has any policy ever been implemented with any level of consistency throughout any organization as large as DOD?

Please.

Yes, I noticed the other thread after posting this topic. Strict consistency in the DoD context will obviously not be possible...so point taken Vern. However, if the intent of congress is to limit the growth of spending by DoD for contracted services for the same or similar requirements in FY 12 and 13 in excess of $10M and we are given broad flexibility to implement (as it seems the memo allows by its vagueness), then I believe consistency can be achieved given that broad goal. Flexibility and subjectivity can be a positive. If Congress is pushing for CO's to go back to the negotiating table for same or similar services then that is what you must do using 2010 rates as a general starting point for negotiations. My apologies for duplicate threads. Thanks