IDIQ task order with options

tharmon

hey, this task order i have has option years...can it do that? also, the PR has fiscal year 14 funding in the line accounting thingy and i will be awarding this next week for 5,345,000.00 but i just started 4 days ago, anywhos, its only for something with jets over in kuwait. whatev.

Can someone help me with this?

I will offer you this - posts like the above, with insufficient information to allow anyone to truly offer you a well thought out answer, will generally get you flamed faster than a hot dog at a weinie roast. Provide enough facts to allow someone to understand your situation while not revealing procurement details that have no business in a public forum. It's a delicate balance but learning to strike it will get you valuable insights and save you a ton of grief on WIFCON.

• 11 months later...

I have a similar issue. I have an IDIQ contract to supply contract personnel to perform Quality Assurance Testing. The IDIQ is a 5 year contract with an 8a firm and the 5 years will end Sept 2016. I currently have a task order in place that was issued for 2 years and ends Sept 2013. I simply need to issue another task order (nearly identical to the first) and wish to do it for the remaining 3 years of the IDIQ contract. Here's the catch...the PM has informed me we do not have sufficient funds for the entire 3 years, but do have enough for one year. According to the Blogs I've read along with FAR 702 there really are no restrictions to writing a task order with options. I would like the task order to have a base year to cover FY14, one option for an additional 12 months to cover FY15, and one more option to cover FY16 bringing me to the end of the IDIQ contract. Can someone provide me with some justification or a section in the FAR I can point to for our contracting department?

Thanks in advance.