Example CPFF Contract?

rios0311

I would like to know if someone would be able to provide a link to a good Cost Plus Fixed Fee contract. I have searched, but I have not been able to come up with anything. I'm attempting to move away from T&M contracts, but I've never used a CPFF before. I have not come across any examples at my agency and if I did, their infrequent use here would make me leery of their soundness.

I am working mostly with exploratory research contracts.

Guest Vern Edwards

You probably won't find an actual contract unless you know someone who'll give you a copy of theirs.

The best you can do is search FedBizOps for cost-reimbursement RFPs. Of course, the qualify of what you'll find will be mixed and you cannot trust them as models. Some will contain specialized terms and custom texts that are not used in all cost-reimbursement contracts.

If you have access to FPDS-NG (or you are on good terms with someone who has access), you could always run an AdHoc query and limit your search to a relevant NAICS and CPFF contract type to get a list of contracts. If you're with DoD, you could look at the contracts via EDA. I imagine other agencies have similar sites for posting contracts. But, as Vern noted, this will just give you an idea of how the contracts were structured. It's not a guarantee that they are well-written.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...