Contractor - Rideshare

WC79

18 hours ago, ji20874 said:

I have never understood why so many people seem to think that benefits offered by the Government, as an employer, to its employees should also be provided to people who are not its employees, such as contractor employees.

In fairness to WC79, he/she did not say the benefits "should" be extended to contractor employees. They just asked if contractor employees were eligible.

@C CulhamGood research, again.

1 hour ago, Vern Edwards said:

Good research, again.

Thanks Vern.   

When I first read the OP I ended up here (see link) and then I re-read and got on track.    Yep no connection just another point of interest.

https://origin-www.gsa.gov/travel/agency-services/rideshare/rideshare-faq

And this in the Q&A's - 

Can DoD contractors use the Rideshare BPA?

Yes, as long as the contractor travels on behalf of and is reimbursed by the government, the Rideshare BPA can be used.

The GSA Rideshare program is separate from the Mass Transit Benefit Program (MTBP), to which I thought the OP was referring.  The GSA Rideshare is with Uber and Lyft and, admittedly, I'm not sure exactly how it's used (I just discovered it here!).  I've used the MTBP in the NCR, which is probably why I immediately thought of that.

There are other MTBP programs at other locations, and they also exclude contractors, probably because the underlying statute, 5 USC s 7905, defines employees for these purposes as Federal civilian employees (see 5 USC s 2105), a member of a uniformed service, and a student who provides voluntary services under section 3111.

But again, I am not familiar with that BPA - very interesting.

5 hours ago, bosgood said:

The GSA Rideshare program is separate from the Mass Transit Benefit Program (MTBP)

i understand and read the MTBP statutes and agency application the same.  Your find regarding DoD was helpful in getting me aligned back to the real question posed by the OP.