G&A on travel costs in Travel CLIN?

@govt2310G&A is G&A. There are no "types." G&A is a single pool of indirect costs.

Allocating G&A to different cost categories does not create different "types" or kinds of G&A. "Types" is not the appropriate word. Better wording would be separate allocations of G&A. I find the notion of different "types" of G&A to be confusing.

The word "type" appears in six places in the decision you cited, but it is not applied to G&A. The decision does not make reference to different "types" of G&A.

But have it your way.

1 hour ago, ji20874 said:

and there can be no cost-reimbursable CLINs in such a contract.

But there is as stated by the OP - "The name of the travel CLIN is "Travel & ODCs - Reimbursement for Actuals.""

I know the thread has  run its course but it would seem that the discussion is not really about such things as G&A, Actuals, ODC's etc. it is about a scheme to reduce the cost of the contract with regard to travel. 

Overall the whole issue depends on the specifics of the instant contract, at least one would hope so,  and not on a read of the regulations. 

37 minutes ago, Vern Edwards said:

Emphasis added. ???

360 back to the post where I stated this - "No regulation prohibits G&A on travel but the solicitation/contract language might."   

Conclusion an attempt to reduce the cost of the contract.  It just seems if the intent is that only actual travel costs will be paid absent G&A then in a very simplistic view the contractor is left holding the bag where they would incur G&A that they would normally recoup in doing business.   That said I do understand there are ways that they might otherwise recoup such as increasing the profit on the FFP CLINs in the contract whereby they are assuming a risk not known for what travel is really going to be required and the G&A that goes along with it.

From a regulation side it would seem that "Actual Cost" is the cost of the travel and would include G&A because it is a "standard cost" based predetermined measures but I am betting that is not what the Government wants to pay.   Ticket to Jamaica $1500 , Government pays $1500. 

A CLIN whose wording would need the entire context of the contract to figure out with my conclusion there is cost saving thinking behind it.

3 hours ago, C Culham said:

From a regulation side it would seem that "Actual Cost" is the cost of the travel and would include G&A because it is a "standard cost" based predetermined measures but I am betting that is not what the Government wants to pay.   Ticket to Jamaica $1500 , Government pays $1500. 

Hey, why are our contractors going to “Jamaica”??

Maybe to meet with the KO… 🤪