FAR/DFARS iOS App

Does anyone know of a solid FAR/DFARS Ipad/Iphone app or other electronic (kindle/nook/iBook) version of the CCH FAR/DFARS publication? The closest thing I've got is a 2111 page PDF FAR document on my Ipad, but having a more interactive and user friendly app would be amazing. There are a couple of lousy CFR apps in the Apple App store, but they are not what I'm looking for.

Vern -

I want an app because I want something for my iPad. Where I work there is no WiFi or outside internet connection available so accessing wifcon is not possible. Having an electronic version of the FAR/DFARS would be a great tool. So yes, I guess it doesn't have to be an "app" but an electronic version of the FAR/DFARs with advanced search capabilities, the capability to bookmark and highlight text is what I'm really looking for.

Guest Vern Edwards

You cannot get "advanced" search capabilities without paying a heavy subscription fee. I'm talking about Westlaw or Lexis. The best advanced search capability is knowledge of the topical structure of the FAR. Anyway, I have found two apps for the FAR, but none that i have found are free and I have found them a pain to use. Search in an app store.

I know how the FAR is organized and if all I'm looking for is a particular rule i can find almost anything in a few moments at www.acquisition.gov or with the pdf I've saved on my hard drive. I can do it faster with a 2,000 page hardcopy than most people could do it armed with an iPad and an "app." I only use an "advanced search capability" if I want to know something like: In what FAR parts do the terms "subcontract" and "subcontractor" appear?

On Android there isn't an app for the FAR or supplements. So I periodically download the FAR in PDF format. Get a good PDF reader, set a reminder to re-download the FAR every few months, and you'll be better off.

Guest Vern Edwards

There was an app for Android, because I had it for a while. But it didn't work very well so I deleted it. I don't know if there is one now.