CPARS Tracking

Freyr

Not sure if this is the right subforum but does anyone have experience or knowledge of how their organizations track CPARS as an organization? I'm mostly interested in seeing the quarterly or monthly changes in status (what's added, what's been done, etc.). I know you can get spreadsheets but is there an easy way to compare say a spreadsheet I get now to one I get next quarter and then the quarter after?

Not that we've found. Best we can do is track changes in total numbers of CPARS on the status report in Contract Status "Due" or "Overdue" and Evaluation Status not "Completed". That at least lets us see overall trends in overdue/incomplete CPARS and when the numbers start to rise we dig into the details manually using the Status Report and the To Do List reports.

You could probably use Excel or Access to compare one Status Report spreadsheet to the next and see what is new and what has moved a step down the evaluation status line, but even if you have that you're still just going to have to ensure everything is assigned to someone to work and then encourage them to work it to get it done.  We've made the most progress by graphing the overall overdue numbers on a control chart weekly to see when CPARS in general needs management attention. When the numbers start to climb we ensure everything overdue on the Status Report is actually on someone's To Do list (and not languishing waiting for action by a role without someone assigned) and then contact that person and encourage them to move it along.