Negotiating Task Order

Wesley125

The USG released a Task Order under an existing contract to extend the scope.  The company submitted a proposal in response to the new statement of work.  The USG would like to negotiate the cost of the proposal.  I'm trying to figure out is this negotiated in the same manner as a competitive solicitation. Since we are using the existing contract we are not going through source selection.  What guidelines are used to negotiated a Task Order on a existing contract that is still open?  Thanks

On 8/29/2022 at 1:48 PM, Wesley125 said:

What guidelines are used to negotiated a Task Order on a existing contract that is still open? 

The parent contract doesn't have anything to say about the ordering process? 

On 8/29/2022 at 1:48 PM, Wesley125 said:

The USG released a Task Order under an existing contract to extend the scope. 

What do you mean? Using a TO to modify the scope of the parent contract?

Edited by Constricting Officer
Three thoughts does not = once line of text.

20 hours ago, Wesley125 said:

The USG released a Task Order under an existing contract to extend the scope.

Extend the scope of what? The contract or an order under the contract?

What guidelines are used to negotiated a Task Order on a existing contract that is still open? 

See FAR 15.000, Scope of part:

This part prescribes policies and procedures governing competitive and noncompetitive negotiated acquisitions. A contract awarded using other than sealed bidding procedures is a negotiated contract (see 14.101).

Now see the definition of "contract" in FAR 2.101.

The USG released a Task Order under an existing contract to extend the scope.  The company submitted a proposal in response to the new statement of work.  The USG would like to negotiate the cost of the proposal.  I'm trying to figure out is this negotiated in the same manner as a competitive solicitation. Since we are using the existing contract we are not going through source selection.  What guidelines are used to negotiated a Task Order on a existing contract that is still open?  Thanks

Is this action a fair opportunity (competitive) task order request? Is the existing ID/IQ contract sole source or is there a pool of contractors?

Is it an action to to extend an existing task order with or without modifying the statement of work?

You said it is not a “source selection”. A task order competition or sole source task order action is not a source selection, so what you said is unclear.  

Vern posted while I typed this response. I think that he has given you the information necessary for you to answer your question, assuming that you understand the applicable scenario. 

Edited by joel hoffman
Clarified the use of term “contract” referring to the ID/IQ contract