Wifcon.com Begins It's 25th Year

bob7947

Shortly after July 4, 1998, Wifcon.com began.  This is the end of its 24th year and the beginning of its 25th.  On July 8, 2023, it will be 25 years old.  I still remember writing this in 2013:

As I mentioned in an earlier post, someone once told me that Wifcon.com was my legacy. I once had great hopes for a legacy. Perhaps, a great saxophone player belting out a solo in front of thousands of fans and seeing them enjoying themselves. Instead, here I sit in my solitude looking for news, decisions, etc., to post to the home page. For many years, my dog Ambrose kept me company. Now, my dogs Blue Jay and Lily stare at me and look for attention. With my sights now set realistically, I accept that Wifcon.com is my legacy. It's the best I could do.

And here I am in my solitude on a Wednesday night in July 2022 still looking for news, decisions, etc. to post to the home page.  With Blue Jay and Lily still by my side.

2 hours ago, bob7947 said:

Shortly after July 4, 1998, Wifcon.com began.  This is the end of its 24th year and the beginning of its 25th.  On July 8, 2023, it will be 25 years old.  I still remember writing this in 2013:

And here I am in my solitude on a Wednesday night in July 2022 still looking for news, decisions, etc. to post to the home page.  With Blue Jay and Lily still by my side.

Thank you, Bob. You have a golden Legacy, unmatched and unsurpassed! 

Bob, I hear many positive things constantly about Wifcon.  Some include items like they learn more here than in any training they took.  Others say they seek advice and information because their own office personnel don’t know.  Several times people wonder why the government doesn’t provide a similar resource.  I’ve been in just about every contracting office around the beltway and many others across the country and constantly hear accolades about Wifcon - imagine more than you realize. 

I’ve been on here pretty much since the beginning (although used an alias after leaving the government) and am thankful for the site every time I log on.