FAR 13.301 (c) (2) Placing orders under FSS with GPC

Hello everyone,

Could anyone shed light on how to place BPA orders with the GPC?

When placing BPA orders with the GPC what are the documentation requirements ?

For my organization, a GPC purchase means that we just get three quotes and then the purchase is made to the lowest. There is really no documentation involved.

Is there any guidance on this practice?

How would this be reported to FPDS-NG?

Lastly, I should mention that we are most interested in using this for orders under FSS BPA's...such as DoD ESi and Army CHESS,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim

Guest Vern Edwards

If you are talking about FSS BPAs, then I don't think you use the purchase card to place the order, but you can use it to pay. (I'm not sure about that.) Also, are DOD ESI and Army CHESS federal supply schedules or are they GWACs or MACs?

A lot would depend on your agency's requirements for documentation requirements. It also depends if you're using the GPC as the purchase method or the payment method. If a FSS BPA is established, I would think that the payment method could be the GPC, but the purchase method was probably done via a RFQ or other type of solicitation. The BPA could easily be written to include the GPC as the payment method.

As far as FPDS-NG goes, each agency handles differently. A few years ago when I worked for the Army, they would consolidate it quarterly and report.

I agree with Vern (and really, who doesn't?) that more information is needed before a more detailed response could be given.