Are we allowed to provide a list of companies that submitted a response to our market research?

I've had this happen before. I told the vendor "No" because I had not advised in the sources sought notice that the names of companies that responded would be released. If you do decide to do so, then I would release the information publicly. 

13 hours ago, creyes814 said:

Are we allowed to provide the list of companies to a prospective vendor that have submitted a response to our market research?  A vendor asked if he could have the list of companies.

You may want to visit with your FOIA office or representative.  By experience there is probably a relation to FOIA Exemption 4 but as it goes details may count.  Just a suggestion in case the requester presses for the information.

This might help answer your question. It mentions making those firms expressing an interest in respond to a Sources Sought announcement available to the public. 
https://www.aptac-us.org/sources-sought/

Pre-electronic contracting, the USACE used to make lists of firms that requested copies of construction contract solicitations available to those firms requesting a list in order to provide subcontracting opportunities.

im not familiar with the current methods and procedures.

16 hours ago, creyes814 said:

Are we allowed to provide the list of companies to a prospective vendor that have submitted a response to our market research? 

Yes, unless you promised not to release their identities. See FAR Subpart 5.4, Release of information.

l do not know of any statute, regulation, or policy that prohibits disclosure of the names of firms that have merely expressed an interest in an upcoming procurement.

FOIA exemption 4 does not preclude the release of such information.

https://www.justice.gov/archives/oip/foia-guide-2004-edition-exemption-4#:~:text=Exemption 4 of the FOIA,government and submitters of information.