The Digital Single Market and the Digitalisation of the Public Sector -- European Union

bob7947

The population of the United States is 74% the size of the European Union.  Additionally both the United States and European Union share many of the same government contractors.  Considering that, some of our members may be interested in what is going on in the other side of our shared pond.  Chapter 4:  ROLE OF DIGITAL PLATFORM FOR GOVTECH AND PUBLIC PROCUREMENT specifically covers procurement so I point it out.

Here is a link to The Digital Single Market and the Digitalisation of the Public Sector

Thanks, Bob. I worked for several years in Germany, pre-EU,  on US and NATO construction projects, which used the German DIN standards for design and construction standards and methods, also including measurement and payment, acceptability, warranties, liabilities, etc. . Some of these customary standards and procedures have roots tracing back to professional and trade labor organizations that developed in the Middle Ages. I haven’t become familiar with the extent of standardization initiatives across the EU. This paper appears to emphasize procurement methods and solutions for products and services but I may be wrong.