H. R. 8007: Stop Price Gouging The Military Act: H. R. 7694 - Strengthening Subcontracting for Small Businesses Act of 2022, etc.

• bob7947 changed the title to H. R. 8007: Stop Price Gouging The Military Act: H. R. 7694 - Strengthening Subcontracting for Small Businesses Act of 2022, etc.

Over the past several weeks, I have been updating this site.

This past weekend I updated the Legislation Page for the 117th Congress, 2nd session (the current one).  I will correct the heading to the page soon.  It will be updated each weekend to present the most current contracting marvels of the U. S. Congreess.  Also, the Public Laws page was updated this weekend.  I now notice the the LII had left it with some dead links at the top which I will correct.

Earlier,  I updated the Regulations page and the massive FAR Research Page.  I continue to update Wifcon.com pages.

My efforts were spurred on by H-2-H and then by Michael Caine in the movie Interstellar where he quoted lines from Dylan Thomas.  I'm 73 now and I took it to heart.  My goal is to update the entire site, then teach myself a new software suite, and finally turn the non-discussion part of the site into something current.  As Dylan Thomas wrote

Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night

On 6/17/2022 at 7:36 PM, bob7947 said:

H. R. 8007:  Introduced on 6/9/22 to prevent price gouging at the Department of Defense.

I see the Senate's version is also on the Legislation page now (thank you so much, Bob).  Since the Senate's version is more cumbersome, containing the House's version plus additional reporting mandates, I wonder if this House version's contents will pass?!  Significant changes are proposed to the commercial product definition in this bill.  Also the progress payment rate is poised to significantly affect large business' internal rates of return.  These were hot-button issues for the Director, Defense Pricing over the past decade.