Technically Unacceptable Proposal, so no need to evaluate Price?

Are the labor rates "essential for contract pricing"? Well, in order to perform the PRICE REASONABLENESS ANALYSIS, we need to know the labor rates. And we must do that analysis first, before we can move on to evaluate the total contract pricing in comparison to the other offeror's proposed pricing. And we are also concerned because the RFP INSTRUCTIONS TO OFFERORS clearly instructed offerors to provide the labor rates in their price proposals, so we are wondering, is it appropriate to just deem this price proposal as "unacceptable," or is there no such thing as an "unacceptable" price proposal?

Guest Vern Edwards

Oh, I think you can say that a price proposal is unacceptable because it did not provide the information required and the information is essential to pricing. Just be clear that you're saying that the proposal is unacceptable and not the proposed price.

If you are going to award without discussions, then I see no need to evaluate the technical proposal.

Oh, I think you can say that a price proposal is unacceptable because it did not provide the information required and the information is essential to pricing. Just be clear that you're saying that the proposal is unacceptable and not the proposed price.

If you are going to award without discussions, then I see no need to evaluate the technical proposal.

I completely agree with Vern - :)